Thursday, January 24, 2008

Two weeks to go!!!


This picture is for all of you far away friends who've been asking to see my belly. Some seem to think that I'm not that big, and others think I look huge. I think that I'm just right for someone who is 35 weeks pregnant with twins!!:) We had our last ultrasound today. Baby A is measuring at approximately 4lb 11oz, and baby B(who apparently is taking his fair share of the nutrients) is measuring at approximately 5lb 14oz. These measurements can be + or - a pound either way, but it's their best guess at this time. We are scheduled for a C-section on 2/8/08, unless the babies decide to enter into the world at an earlier date. We are definitely headed to C-section because baby A is breech and baby B is transverse(laying across my belly with his feet next to baby A's head) most of the time. This has actually become okay with me, as the thought of delivering 2 babies becomes more overwhelming and scary the closer it gets. I'm starting to get more worn out, and am grateful to be off of work and able to stay home. It's been nice to relax and try to get everything ready for their arrival. The nursery is ready to go (as far as I can tell), and we'll try to post a picture of it in the next couple of days. Daddy is also ready and we have practiced the hospital route several times:) Sleeping (or not sleeping) is the biggest issue right now -can't get comfortable, have to go to the bathroom, hands are numb and tingling, takes 15 minutes to get pillows in place each time I turn over or go to the bathroom-but I'm told that all of this is just preparing us both (no, Rob does not get to sleep all night anymore, either) for the long nights ahead of us!! We'll do our best to keep you all updated with this blog. Stay tuned for further news!!

Here is another fine picture of the pregnant lady! :) Can't you tell she is tired :(

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you started a blog... and thrilled to be the first to comment! :) You look great, Marla! Can't wait to meet the little guys!

Brad & Stacey said...

Hooray! You look beautiful (and tired!) I am so glad you started this blog! I swear that I just had a dream last night that you called to tell me you were having a boy and a GIRL! And you were naming the boy "Keithy" How weird is that? I think it is because we just sent a gift off for the boys! Be on the lookout!

Much love and prayers!
Stacey for the 5

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Was so glad to see the news of a blog site. You look great!! Happy to hear all is going well so far. Can't wait to meet the new additions.

God Bless!
Jamie

Real Reedy said...

Welcome to the Blogging world!
How fun to be able to keep up with you guys and the babies. You're almost there and then the fun really begins!!

Mama Runner said...

How fun! You look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

sweet blog! we think of you every day & think about calling & checking in, but know better.

Love you! MB

Katie said...

DId you know that last Sunday someone ask me if I was having the TWINS. So I do not think you look big at all, it is me. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Rob,
With the size of these two guys I think they will both fit in one seat for the Cardinals opener on March 31st. Did you get them their hats yet?

megs @ whadusay said...

Your post brings back so many memories! I remember feeling huge and uncomfortable and very ready to have those babies! It will be wild for a little while, but it will go fast (which is easy to say from this side of twins. Twins are so much fun (and twin boys get into so much trouble!)

Blessings,
Megan Kaeb

Anonymous said...

Very cool - hope you keep it updated with pictures and cute stories for a long time! I'll be checking in often! Here's a cute story to start you off. Austin was playing in the baby room, which is just off the ladies' room at church and a girl inside gave her nose a good blow. He stopped what he was doing and got real serious and said, "Did you hear that?!?!?! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. ...ELEPHANT!!" Love you both (well, all 4, actually)!