Monday, September 22, 2008

Sit!! Stay!!

No, we did not get a new pet!! These are just words that are heard in conversation around the Leman house these days. If you listen carefully, you may also hear a small voice saying "mamamamama". Brock knows how to say mama, but we're quite sure that he doesn't know what it means. Hopefully he will understand soon, as he's getting pleanty of positive reinforcement when he says it:).
Thanks, Aunt Ruthie for the inspiration for this post. She brought the boys these shirts from a restaurant in Michigan called The Stray Dog. So cute and appropriate for this time in their lives!!

"I love to sit up!!!" Brock has been our expert sitter for a couple of weeks now, but Kyle is quickly catching up, even getting himself into a sitting position from laying on the floor.
This shot was taken about a week ago - "Do I have to sit up??"
Ah, much better!! I got here all by myself this time!! Thanks, Auntie Kelli, for sending these big boy toys all the way from Colorado!! We are growing into them quickly!!

"I'm so glad that Mommy got out all of the new big boy toys for us to play with. Our baseball game is great!!"

This is where they end up if we need to make sure they "Stay" in one place. Doesn't he look resigned??

If Mommy doesn't put us somewhere to "Stay", we can end up in all kinds of trouble. Late last week, Mommy was in the other room, thinking that Kyle was playing safely on the floor, when she heard the lamp scooting acrosss the glass coffee table. Who knew that he could get almost behind the couch and a hold of the lamp cord??? Mommy and Daddy do now, hence the "Stay" place!!
The next shots are an action sequence captured today as the boys sat on the floor playing:
"I love you, brother!!"

"I'm gonna get you, brother!!"

"I've almost got my brother!!"

And the domino effect. "Help!! We've fallen and we can't get up!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They just keep getting cuter and cuter! Another great post.

Little love bugs!

Auntie Ruthie

Marie Stork said...

Love the snap shots of your cute cute boys! And the shirts are so funny! Leave it to Ruthie!