Thursday, October 23, 2008

I've been tagged

Many of you read this blog regularly know that it's always about the boys. I don't usually put much of myself out there, but since I've enjoyed reading random facts about many others, I thought I'd give it a shot. I was at a loss for a few, so my hubby interjected with some of the things that he thought were strange about me. Me strange?? It was interesting to hear what parts of me he thought were odd!! :)


1. In my swingin' single days, I was commonly known as the "travel floosie" by my friends. I was the one in the group that would travel anywhere, anytime, with anyone!! I am so glad to have had all of the travel experiences that I did - so many places with so many different groups of friends/family leaves me with so many wonderful memories!! I wouldn't trade this nickname for the anything:).


2. I used to speak for a drug company - to educate other nurses and health care professionals about their products. The first drug that I spoke about was used to control diarrhea in chemotherapy/cancer patients. This lead to another nickname among my group of friends: the queen of poo. I think I prefer the other one!!:)


3. I love staying home with my boys!! This one is actually something that was more of a suprise to me than to other people(I think). I was in the professional world with a very gratifying job for 12 years, and I loved what I did. In my mind, I pictured myself always being there in some capacity. But, once the boys came along, many things changed. They are more fun than I could have ever imagined, and so far, just as gratifying as my patients used to be (this may change someday - talk to me when they're toddlers!!). I do miss my old job, but not enough to be away from the boys and to have to be out the door by 7:30am(horrifying thought w/ twin boys!!:).


4. I am a nut about people taking their shoes off before coming into the house. I know that's wierd, but I don't like the idea of outside crud being drug in on my carpets where the boys(and us) are on the floor alot of the time. Part of this is probably from being raised in a shoes off house, but mostly it's from the thought of all of the gross places that our shoes carry us through. Now, for those of you who've worn shoes in my house, no worries. I usually just vaccum and carry on, but for anyone else who feels the same please don't worry about asking me to take off my shoes at your place. I completely understand:).


5. I love my plants. As the boys have gotten more and more mobile, the plants have had to move. "Why don't we just get rid of them??", Rob suggested. "Get rid of them?!? I've put years of tender loving care into keeping them alive, and some have emotional significance!!", I replied. As you may have guessed, this is one of the things that Rob thinks is just wierd. Maybe it is, but for now, the plants stay, just residing in higher and higher places around the house:).


6. I had only driven 2 door cars since 1996, until the mini-van arrived that is. Rob says that I've finally grown up, but I say that I just loved my Monte Carlos!!


7. I'm going to start selling Tupperware. This is a big, scary adventure for me, and I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I love the product and use many pieces on a daily basis. Based on that, and the fact that they are a company that stands behind their product make me hopeful that it will be a good fit. Plus, it's something that I can do from home and not be away from my beautiful boys too much!! If any one is interested/willing to have a party to help me get started, please let me know. I'd appreciate the help, and hopefully you'll love the free products that you'll earn.


Okay, so that's 7 random facts about me. Now, I don't have 7 people, but Stacey H., Angie R., Jamie P., Jen H., and Vicky S. you've been tagged:).

2 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

queen of poo? funny! I will try to get to this sometime this weekend as a few of my friends have started doing Friday Favorites with me...would you like to join us next week? Someone picks a theme/topic and you go with it.
Sorry I didn't get you called back...the time was just never right. Hope you have a wonderful time with your family on vacation!

Real Reedy said...

Sorry it took me so long, but I finally got my random facts posted! :) It was fun!!!