Monday, August 1, 2011

4th of July fun!!

On the 4th of July, we had some friends over for a cookout. It was a beautiful day with perfect weather, and we had a great time. Here are some pics of the fun:

Gavin and Keegan - they would change their crawl from hands and knees to hands and feet as soon as they hit the concrete. It was so cute!!



Brock and Max - Max quickly decided that the empty ball bucket made a good hat:).


He would take it off..................


....................and put it back on..........


.................over and over again:)..............


..............which was not a bad thing, because it kept him busy for quite some time:).


Dave and Jorie (Max's twin sister). Max and Jorie are another set of twins in our group of friends (are you detecting a trend here??!?!?!). No wonder some of the ladies are afraid to drink the water:).


Clint and Gavin (or Keegan - I'm not sure which one is which:(.


These guys were the calmest part of the kid factor, but they watched the older ones intently, and seemed thrilled to get in on some of the action.


Scott and Keegan (if my guesses are lucky:).


Kate - even though her eyes are closed, this is the best picture I got of her - she was one of several who were determined to not let me get a good picture of them!!




Kyle - I love this picture of my little guy. He looks so sweet and innocent!!


Brock- looking sweet and innocent, too, at the moment:). This tractor was the source of contention between several of the boys - they all love to drive.


Jude - another one of the crew who was determined not to let me take his picture:), but I was didn't want to leave him out.


Ethan - busy scooting..............


...........and playing ball.


Gavin and Keegan getting a ride from their daddy - see why I can't tell them apart?!!?!? And I must say, as a twin mommy myself, this drives me crazy that I haven't been able to figure out a way to remember the differences between them!! Sorry Jen!!




And then it was on to the fireworks. Here are my boys, waiting for the show to start.


As you can see, the glow sticks and necklaces were a big hit among all........


..............adults and little ones included:).


Scott and Lisa


More of the kiddos waiting.


David and Vicky


Dave and Amanda




Our family:).


The Tarpley's

2 comments:

davebarry said...

Ummm, Marla, I hate to tell you, but I don't think the "twins" thing has anything to do with the water. I'll recommend to Rob that he explain it to you sometime...

Marla and Rob said...

Ummm, davebarry, if I knew who you were, I would call you for that explanation!! I know how the whole "baby" thing works, but maybe you could shed some light on why there are so many sets of twins within our relatively small group of friends:).