It has been another week and a half of "firsts" at the Leman household. Last Sunday was Mommy's first Mother's Day. It was celebrated by beautiful roses from Daddy, Brock, and Kyle, a steak dinner grilled by Daddy, and a 7hr stretch of sleep by both babies at the same time. I couldn't have asked for a better present, and Daddy enjoyed it, too!! Unfortunately, not all good things last, and the rest of the week has been more typical with 4-6hr stretches, but we get a glimpse every once in a while that makes us hopeful.
On Wednesday, Brock decided to get in on the game and laughed out loud for the first time. Daddy was at work, but Grandma Leman, Aunt Amy, and Cousins Courtney and Michelle happened to be here so they got to witness his first laugh. It was precious!! He has repeated it for Daddy, but just one time. I'm sure there will be much more laughter in the days to come.
Today, Kyle suprised Mommy by rolling over from his back to his stomach. Both boys were laying on their play mat and Kyle had rolled over on to his side to look at Brock. They seem to be noticing each other more in the last few days and I've caught them just looking at each other several times. Kyle has been rolling to his side, but had never gone over before today. I watched them look at each other for a while, then Kyle kicked his legs and next thing I knew he was on his belly. He eventually pulled his arm out from under him, then promptly started to cry because he realized he was stuck and he doesn't like to lay on his tummy. Poor guy!! I'm sure he had no clue where all that kicking was going to get him to. Brock just layed and watched the whole thing, so I'm sure he'll be following suit very soon!!

Mommy's beautiful Mother's Day roses and cards.
Mommy and Daddy with their handsome boys.
Grandma and Grandpa Martin with their favorite grandbabies!! Grandma enjoyed her first Mother's Day as a Grandma. She got in on the steak dinner, too.

Funny Kyle - during his nap the other day, all of thier swaddling blankets were in the wash, so we wrapped him in his afgan. It was so funny to go in and find his little fingers sticking out through the holes when he woke up. He seems to get himself into many predicaments already. I'm sure this is just the beginning!!

Brock modeling his cool shades. The boys don't seem to like the sun, so we got them some sunglasses to make it more bearable!! Lets hope they're willing to keep them on.
Our last "first" to report was meeting Aunt Amy and Cousins Michelle and Courtney for the first time. The boys enjoyed all of the extra attention that they got from the girls, and Mommy enjoyed all of the pampering she got from Amy and MB!! Thanks again, ladies!! You made Mother's Day extra long and special!! We love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment