Putting things on our new book shelf. (I did get the kids' books put on here - they really needed some place to go!)
These are the things that I chose to do instead:
Played with my smiley babies. They talk like crazy and love to play on the blanket w/ Mom or Dad!! Legs and arms fly continually, and hours can pass just watching and talking to them.
Entertained my beautiful boys. We often move from blanket to bouncy seats to activity mat to swings, all interspersed w/ naps.
Rocked my baby Kyle to sleep. I love to cuddle w/ them as they drift off to dream land.
Rocked my baby Brock to sleep. It's hard to put them down when they're so cuddly!! This happened 3 times today for each baby. It was a cat nap kind of day instead of a big nap day.
But, it's okay that none of the items on my list were completely accomplished because I know that this time will pass all too quickly. Some day, I'll long for the days when I could just hold my baby boys instead of having to do so much work!! I love these play days!!
4 comments:
This came to mind............
So quiet down, cobwebs.
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep......
I messed up that last post...here is the whole poem.
Mother, o mother, come shake out your cloth!
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
Sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue.
(Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.)
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due.
(Pat-a-cake, darling and peek, peek-a-boo.)
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew,
And out in the yard, there's a hullabaloo.
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.)
Oh, cleaning and scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs.
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
Yes, my mother wrote me a note when Kyler was born and she said "LET THE DUST SIT" time goes so fast! And yes it does...Kyler is almost 10 and my baby is 5 and I still rock them from time to time. Amazed Kyler will let me...but it' the mother's heart in a woman that loves this special time and the wee babes do just grow up right before your eyes!
I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to put those cuties down either! I can't believe how big they are getting. They are adorable!
Post a Comment