I know that it's been over a month since Christmas, but I'm going to share a few pics and stories from the boys' Christmas adventures anyway:). As you can tell by the date, I started this post
some time ago, but we've had a little bug causing difficulties in the technological portion of our lives - no fun!!
The boys had a great time this Christmas. They really got into the present opening, and are well practiced for their upcoming birthday. They have been playing hard with their new toys. So much so that they didn't even notice when I packed up some of the old ones:). We read them a simple version of the Christmas story many times over the holiday, but due to a sighting of Santa at Cub Foods (they were awe-struck by this hairy man in a red suit who gave them candy), they confused Joseph (and the wise men) whose pictures were in the story books, calling them all Santa Claus. Even with much explaining, I'm not sure that we got thru to them, mostly because Joseph was wearing red in their book, and Santa wore a red suit. I guess I would be confused too if I was only 1:).

Here are Brock and Kyle, posing in front of our Christmas tree at home. We went ahead and put up a big tree this year. Last year we just did a little tree on top of a book shelf - you can guess why:), and the year before that I was entirely too pregnant to decorate with much more than a poinsettia:), so it was kind of nice to have a big Christmas tree again. The boys did pretty well with the decorations, considering their curiosity levels. I only had to put the ribbons back on the tree 4 times, put back up the lights on the windows 2 times, and throw away one broken ornament. We were unsuccessful in keeping them from plugging in the lights, despite time-outs and a few spanks, and we eventually gave in and taught them how to do it right and prayed for no shocks:). They survived, and Kyle has been appointed (by himself) as the official Christmas light turner-on-er of the family. It was pure joy for him every single day!!

Cheese balls!! We opened up presents at home on Christmas eve morning, and after naps, headed to P'ville to Grammy and Papa's. While we were upstairs getting ready to leave, the boys got extremely quiet for too long of a time period. Pressed for time, we finished packing - knowing that we were taking a risk, and not knowing what we may find. Daddy finished first, and went down to find both boys, guilty faces covered in chocolate and breath smelling like peanut butter. Rob had made a batch of his famous peanut butter balls that afternoon and they were on the kitchen table drying. We didn't even think about it, but the boys found them and they were entirely too enticing for them to resist. Luckily, we intervened before they were able to start on their second round, and they only ate one each:). Hands and faces were a mess, but their clothes were miraculously clean - these boys don't waist a drop of chocolate!! After we cleaned them up, loaded them in the car, and hit the road, I asked them how the peanut butter balls were. Kyle promptly responded from the back seat "Yummy in my tummy. Have more??" What a funny boy!!

Opening presents at Grammy and Papa's on Christmas eve.

"More pictures, really Grammy?!? Let's get on with the presents!!"

Christmas morning - new bean bags to watch Elmo on:).

After church - delighted to find Elmo laptops in their packages and not just more clothes:).

Kyle trying out his new Elmo backrest.

" Elmo Brock" snuggling with Mommy:). Who knew that you could find so many things "Elmo"!!

Christmas night, we headed to Grandma Leman's house. Here's Brock, practicing his texting skills with cousin Maddy's supervision:). 22 mos and texting?!?! Kids are growing up way too fast theses days:).

Kyle had to have a turn texting, too. Between this and their new "laptops", these boys are already way ahead of their parents!!

Worn out from all of the festivities.

Snuggling with Grandma Leman at the Leman family Christmas on Saturday. It was a fun season, but we were kind of glad to see January come:).
2 comments:
hi..........
your blog pictures are very nice
Aman Toor
Linux
hi, I only stumbled upon your blog...your boys are adorable. great job with telling stories through pictures...keep it up.
Post a Comment