Monday, March 8, 2010

More memory makers:)

Since I still can't give you any pics, I have a few more stories to entertain you:

More dinner time conversations - When Daddy comes home from work, I usually, at some point ask him how his day was. Typically, this happens over dinner. The boys have picked up on this, and have taken over the task of asking Daddy how his day was, and everyone else in the family, too. Here's a snippet of our dinner conversation - remember this is happening during dinner and they would be calmly eating bites in between their conversing. Mommy and Daddy, on the other hand, almost couldn't eat because they were laughing so hard after this repeated conversation went on for about 10 minutes:

B - "How was your day, Kyle?"
K - "It was good!"
B - "Good!" "How was your day, Daddy?"
D - "It was good!"
B - "Good!" "How was your day, Mommy?"
M - "It was good!"
B - "Good!" "How was your day, Kyle?"
K - "It was good!"
B - "Good!"

Then, they would so nicely take turns (a rare occurrence:), and Kyle would take over:

K - "How was your day, Brock?"
B - "It was good!"
K - "Good!" "How was your day, Daddy?"
D - "It was good!"
K - "Good!" "How was your day, Mommy?"
M - "It was good!"
K - "Good!" "How was your day, Brock?"
B - "It was good!"
K - "Good!"

Eventually, it was just a conversation between the two of them, and this was when we really fell apart:):

B - "How was your day, Kyle?"
K - "It was good!"
B - "Good!"

K - "How was your day, Brock?"
B - "It was good!"
K - "Good!"

And so it went on. They are so cute:).

Then this morning brought another funny. Unfortunately for Mommy, it happened at 6:30am, when she would have really liked another hour (or at least a 1/2 hour) of sleep:(.

I've heard that kids start dreaming around the age of two, and I think that we have reached this milestone. We have lately heard talking over the monitor at night, and checked to find everyone sound asleep. We are not sure which of the boys is our sleep talker, or if it's both, but whom ever it is comes by it honestly, as their Mommy likes to chat away in the middle of the night, too!! This morning, I heard someone saying something, but I couldn't understand what they were saying, and they were almost crying as they were so upset. I went in to investigate and found Brock, still laying down with his eyes closed crying out "I want marshmallows. I need marshmallows!" - with tears and everything. We had gone shopping on Saturday, and bought the boys a bag of Easter marshmallows- pastel colored bunny-shaped marshmallows, or "Hip-hops" as the boys call them. Brock absolutely LOVED them, and apparently in his dream, he was being told that he couldn't have any:(. He eventually opened his eyes, but his request for marshmallows persisted. With such a dramatic presentation, of course, his Daddy had to comply with his request for a marshmallow - at 6:30 am:). What a start to the day!! I wonder how bunny marshmallows taste in coffee?? I'll let you know if this becomes a trend:).

No comments: