One last Halloween funny - The boys say some of our pre-meal prayers, and after our 1st trick-or-treat night, Kyle prayed to go trick-or-treating again. It happened that night - his prayers were answered!! He was convinced that if he prayed for it, he would get to go again, and he's been praying almost daily to go trick-or-treating again. I keep telling him that we're done for this year, but he's still believing:).
Monday, November 15, 2010
My little firefighters
So, I confess...........Halloween came and went, 3 nights of Trick or Treating, and I forgot to take a picture of my firefighters:(. Not a single shot!! I guess we were just too caught up in the fun of it all:). Thank goodness, their costumes were easy to recreate (they've been wearing the hats around the house ever since Halloween, and the coats are their real coats - courtesy of Grandma Leman for their 2nd birthday) so we redressed them on Sunday afternoon and took some pictures. Our neighbors might have thought that we were crazy, but I got my pictures:).
Brock and Kyle really enjoyed their trick-or-treating experiences this year. We started in P'ville on Friday night, headed to Roanoke on Saturday night, and then just went to a couple of neighbor's on Sunday night. We didn't hit more than 5 places each night, but you would never have guessed that by the amount of candy that they had by the time it was all over:).
They were screaming, "Firefighters!!" as we took this picture. Yea, I'm pretty sure the neighbors think that we're crazy:).
Love B's face in this one!!
After a few shots on the front porch, we headed across the street to the fire hydrant that they look at and talk about so much. One day this summer, we were headed out to run some errands. When we opened the garage door, I could hear the engine of a large truck, so I told the boys to go check it out. Much to our surprise, there was a fire truck parked in front of our house, and the firefighters were flushing this hydrant. The boys were in awe. Our trip to the store was immediately canceled, and we settled in to watch the firefighters do their work instead. They definitely didn't mind the audience - they came over and talked to the boys at length. They were so nice to them, and even gave them both stickers that looked like a fire fighter's badge. So fun!! Ever since that encounter, both boys see and point out fire hydrants continually as we drive. And every time we walk up and down our street, they stop at the fire hydrants and tell me exactly what each part of the hydrant is for.
"Now, if only we had a wrench to turn this thing on!!"
"Right here, Mom. This is where the wrench goes!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment