Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We have a winner.....finally!!

As you may remember from my earlier feeding post, Kyle is our bottle loving baby, and hasn't been so fond of the baby food. But I do believe that we have had a breakthrough!! It all started with the beloved sweet potatoes. Grandpa had a few left from last year's garden, and Grandma generously donated them to the boys' cause. Mommy baked them up, and voila!! Kyle loved them. He opened his mouth like never before, looking like a little bird. The sweet potatoes have opened his world, and he has been much more receptive to many other foods. Thank goodness for sweet potatoes!!!

"Can't you move any faster with that spoon?? I love those sweet potatoes!!"

"I always open my mouth, but I love these sweet potatoes, too!!"

Too cute for words!!

"Yummm!!"

Licking the bowl clean!!

Licking the spoon, already licked the bowl!!

There's another factor that seems to be increasing Kyle's love for solids - these silly looking baby feeders. I will admit, I was a skeptic in the beginning, but broke down and bought some after hearing from several people whose babies had loved them. Boy, was I wrong in doubting!! The boys think that they're great!! They don't even seem to mind that the fruit is filtered by a mesh bag, and go to town when given one!!
"Here's my peach mush - That's all I left!!"

Going to town on my feeder!!

Here's a cute snuggle pic of Kyle with Mommy, just because I love it so!!

No comments: