Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bloging absence - and a few updates:)

Sing to the tune of "Oh where has my little dog gone":
"Oh where, oh where has my blogging time gone? Oh where, oh where can it be?? With two little blond boys and a house full of chores, oh where, oh where can it be??"

Okay. That's another of my sad attempts at song writing/poetry:). But I thought it was fitting that I humor you a bit, given my long blog absence!!

Actually, I know exactly where my blogging time has gone to. They boys have recently "down-sized their napping from two 2 hour naps per day to one 2 to 2 1/2 hr nap. This is a very rough transition - not for the boys, mind you, but for Mommy!! I used to spend one nap getting things done around the house, and one "playing"- blogging, emailing, etc. But now, if I want to get anything else done, the computer sits silent:).

Also, the boys are very demanding about being "ou-side" for most of their waking hours, so all of our play time is spent riding "bikes" on the driveway, and "running away" to Aunt Ruthie's house to play with Addie and eat M&M's. Yes, the boys are very busy these days and know exactly how they want to spend their time:).

They are growing up fast and are talking almost non-stop. The average passerby may not be able to understand them yet, but we can figure out most of it. Some of their most recent words are: "Sure!!", said with great emphasis; "Danger!!", also said with great emphasis - we are trying this instead of "No-no" when it something we want to emphasize that they shouldn't do; "bike ride", as we have recently put seats for the boys on the back of our bikes; "mow", they like to push their little mowers around the yard and mow like Daddy; "chocolate", no explanation needed:); "broom", they like to sweep the garage and driveway with our brooms - this is helpful at times:); "all-right", as they give us and each other high-fives. I know that there are more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Another big event during our blog absence was our road trip to Atlanta, GA for our niece Laura's wedding. The trip went unexpectedly well, and for that we were grateful!! We kept our expectations VERY low as far as how much driving we would be able to do in one stretch, how the boys would fare, and how taxing it would be. They far exceeded our expectations, and we were able to make it all the way to Atlanta on Friday, leaving at 7am (CST), and arriving at 10:30pm (EST). Thank goodness for Elmo videos, dinosaur magnets on cookie sheets, light spinners, and lots of snacks!! The wedding was beautiful, and a good time was had by all!! On Sunday, we moved on to Athens, GA and spent the afternoon and night with one of Rob's sisters who lives there. Because of that, we had an additional hour of travel time on Monday, but we still managed to make it all the way home by 9:30pm. The boys didn't do quite as well on they way home as they did on the way there, but they were still good. I think that they had seen all of the Elmo videos and all of my tricks so many times, that they were not entertaining anymore:). It was neat to see that we can travel with the boys, especially if we have Elmo videos, snacks or "crackers" as Brock calls them, and their "moo-moo" song on their "Go Fish" cd!! I was afraid that they would refuse to get back in their car seats after spending so many hours in them, but the day after we got back, I asked the boys if they wanted to go bye-bye, and they beat me to the van, hopped into their seats and immediately started their banter of "Elmo, cracker, moo-moo!!!" It really was a good experience!!

Pictures to come in the next post:). Thanks for not giving up on us!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear their little chatter!!

Lots of love!
Aunt Kara