Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Labor Day Parade

Brock and Kyle got to watch their first parade on Labor Day. It was a long parade (almost 2 hrs), and they were enticed by the whole thing. From the bands to the tractors, and then on to the horses - they didn't miss a thing!! I was impressed with their attention span, but it definitely wore them out!!!

Daddy and Kyle at the start of the parade - "I think I'll just stay back here with you, Dad. This seems kind of loud."
Brock with Aunt Ruthie and Grammy Martin at the beginning of the parade- "I think I'll stay here, too - safe and sound!! Who knows what will come after these fire trucks and police cars!!"

"Okay - so maybe this isn't so scary after all. Let's get a little closer to the action. And, if we're going to get any of that candy that they keep throwing, we need to be close!!"

"Can someone open some of that sweet stuff for me to eat?!?!"

"Whew!! This parade watching stuff is hard work. We need to take a break with Dad, but we don't want to be too far away from the action!!"

Our parade watching friends. Thanks for inviting us A & M!!

Post parade - time for a water break and a little Elmo on the ride home:).
Kyle had the water break, but couldn't make it through Elmo - he could barely make it out of the parking lot awake:). (Sorry - I'm not sure why this pic didn't turn:).

2 comments:

Brad & Stacey said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all!

Marie Stork said...

Looks like fun! Your boys are so cute!