Monday, January 24, 2011

The budding artists

Brock and Kyle got watercolor paints for Christmas this year, and now, each morning I awake to the question, "Is it paint day?". They LOVE to paint. They love it more when I sit and paint with them, and they can tell ME what to paint. I've never been the artistic type, but I have to admit, it is kind of fun:). Here are some of their recent works and some pictures of them in action:

Kyle's poster board masterpiece - we had to move on to something bigger (and thicker) than regular old paper:). I love how he tried to fill every inch of it!!

Brock's poster board masterpiece.

Brock is usually the one asking to paint, and is also the one handing me his brush to make his pictures come alive:).

Kyle, on the other hand, is a pretty independent thinker - he likes to do it his way, much like he approaches his whole life:).

Hard at work.

Trying to keep the colors separated is always a challenge, except for blue. They both LOVE blue!!

Brock is definitely his Daddy's boy - notice his tongue sticking out when he's concentrating.

So focused.

More silly mouth movements. It's entertaining to watch him.

More focus:).

And one last shot of our first day's work. I've decided to take pictures of the masterpieces as it might eventually be a bit much to store all of their beautiful creations. Shhhhhh, don't tell them:).

No comments: