Friday, January 28, 2011

And the morals to the story are...................

Notice I said morals ;0).

So my hopes that my leaky sink was NOT caused by the "work" that the boys did the other day were quickly dashed today. Rob took a look at it last night, and his exact words were, "Well, I know what's wrong with it, but I'm not sure what to do about it." He did some internet searching and then decided to go to bed and try again today. He called a "fix-it" kind of friend, and later after their conversation we were talking. "Did you talk to Jim?", I asked. "Yep, but he's not sure what to do either. He doesn't think that the gasket needs to be replaced. There's only 2 bolts and there should be 3. I can't figure out how that could have happened, and I have no idea where to get one that will fit." "Bolt - did you say bolt?!?!", I replied w/ a jolt. "Ummmmmmmmmmm.................I found a bolt yesterday when I cleaned up the water. I have it in the laundry room." Uh Oh!!

So here are the morals of the story:

1. Children are never as talented and innocent as their mother thinks that they are:).

2. Always, always tell you husband about random bolts that show up around the same time that the sink starts leaking:).

3. Never, NEVER leave the little plumbers unattended. They may have good intentions but the aftermath is not worth the peace that you get while they are busy:).

We are not saying that Kyle was the main problem with the sink. We hypothesize that it was loose and that maybe he just gave it the nudge it needed to fall out. We were surprised, however, that when asked about what he had done under the sink, he showed Daddy his Phillips screw driver (the right tool for the job) and told him how to use it. Maybe he does have a career in the plumbing field ahead of him - we'll just need to work on refining his skills a bit more before then!!

No comments: