Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy Birthday, 4th Brock and Kyle!!

I can't believe it, but my babies turned 4 today. They are not babies anymore - not even toddlers. They are preschoolers!! We had a full day of birthday celebration today. They started out the day with Mickey shaped chocolate chip pancakes with candles in them for breakfast, Aunt Ruthie brought them individual pieces of birthday cake and a frosted heart sugar cookie after lunch, and we took them to Dairy Queen for a chocolate shake for their birthday celebration tonight. They each got a REAL baseball glove and their first baseball cards from Mommy and Daddy, and they were a HIT!! We were both surprised at how they took to the baseball cards - immediately!! So fun!! Brock and Kyle, you are growing up so fast. You are good boys, full of life and plenty of boyish antics. You make our house crazy busy and fun at the same time. You still manage to keep us a little sleep deprived, but also fully entertained:). We love you so much and can't wait to see how much you continue to grow this year!!

They also had the milestone of chewing their first piece of gum today. I know that I probably should have let them try this before now, but it really was easier to say "no, it's for big people", and they never seemed to mind the "no". Besides, what mommy doesn't want to keep just one treat for herself only :). But when they opened their birthday card from their Sunday school teachers, there was gum in it, and they asked if they could try it - so we did!! They did pretty well. Brock ended up swallowing just a little bit of his, but caught on quickly. Kyle dove right in, and promptly swallowed the whole piece:). I noticed that he had stopped chewing, and I asked him where his gum was. "I swallowed it, and I don't know why." was his response. So cute - he did much better with the 2nd piece:).


Getting ready to chew.


"Yum!! This is good!!"


"I like it mom!! I'm not swallowing the gum, just the juice:)!!"


Chewing................


"It's gone!!"



"Mine is still here, but you can't see it:)!!"


My 3 cuties - after the boys were done with their gum:).


Happy Birthday, Brock and Kyle!!

No comments: