Monday, February 20, 2012
Pumpkins
I am still working on catch-up posts, and found these pics of the boys with their pumpkins from this fall. In the spring, I wanted to plant something that would grow quickly so that the boys could help and then watch something develop all summer long. I chose pumpkins. I must have already had pregnant brain when I chose them, because I didn't think about how small our garden area is - much too small for viney pumpkin plants!! I was disappointed, but Papa saved the day. His garden space is MUCH larger than ours, and he graciously agreed to let us plant our pumpkin seeds there, and only had to chop off the vines a couple of times to keep them from taking over the rest of his garden:). The boys got to help plant, and then every time we went to P'ville, they headed out to see the progress. It was fun to have a finished product that they could put on the front porch at the end of the season, and nice to not have to buy the pumpkins for fall decorating!! Thanks, Papa, for sharing your garden space with us. Maybe we can do it again this summer;)!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment