Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Toilet paper trials

A favorite activity of Brock and Kyle lately is anything involved with the bathroom. This mecca of forbidden things is typically off limits to them, but occasionally, one of us is forgetful and leaves the door open. They seem to have a sixth sense about an available bathroom, either that or the toilet calls their names:). I can just imagine that as they get close, they are devising a plan in twin talk. "Kyle, you unroll the toilet paper, and I'll flush incessantly to waste water:). " We imagine Brock as the instigator, because, well, it just seems to be the roll that fits him best!! Often times, by the time I get both of the boys out of the bathroom, I'm frazzled enough that I just shut the door and forget the mess until later. Last weekend, Grandma and Grandpa Martin came for a visit. Grandpa went to use the restroom and found the evidence of the latest bathroom raid by Brock and Kyle. "What's taking him so long??" wondered Grandma. "Uh-oh!!" I responded. I had not gone back to clean up after evacuating the bathroom. Sure enough, Grandpa came out a short time later. "I re-rolled your toilet paper, and don't worry - I threw away the pieces that had been chewed on:)!!" Thanks for the clean-up reprieve, Grandpa, but unfortunately, I'm sure that it won't last long!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Double the fun, double the pleasure - double the clean up :).

Cute stories.

Jamie

Brad & Stacey said...

I love it Marla! These are sweet memories.